XT Hydro™ is currently free to use and makes years of hydrogeochemistry research more accessible for CSIRO’s researchers and the exploration industry at large. A collection of mineral ratios and exploration indices can help to identify potential areas of interest for explorers. By simplifying the process of loading your data in, applying analytical processes, and investigating the results we’ve made using hydro data in mineral exploration research projects a less time consuming process, and accessible to a wider range of researchers.
A process which previously relied on collecting data from different sources in different formats, converting the values into a consistent scale and format, and then feeding it into a series of hard to use spreadsheets which obfuscated their processes is now simpler and more transparent.
Some process improvements so far…
- Upload and clean data
- Calculate contamination factors and exploration indices
- Visualise data
- Available as a package
- Easier integration with GIS tools
- Complete database, same format and contamination factor for 220K+ samples
- Previously multiple separate sheets with variable formatting
- Improved, faster, consistent, repeatable workflow for handling current and new hydro data.